CIMmultus™ stands for:
- Convective mass transfer, reduced backpressure, and minimal sample clogging
- Fast product isolation and concentration of diluted samples
- Efficient removal of high molecular mass impurities in polishing steps
CIMmultus™ OH-8 mL is an improved monolithic column with 1.3 μm pore size and a column volume of 8 mL. It is packed into an innovative epoxy-based housing and is supplied ready to use. CIMmultus™ OH-8 mL is intended for purifications at preparative scale. The OH (hydroxy) ligand results from hydrolysis of epoxy ligands and posseses no charge (neutral surface). A slight negative charge can be present due to the methacrylate backbone. OH monoliths are very hydrophilic due to the high density of hydroxyl groups. OH is dedicated to some specific applications, such as:
- HIC purification of proteins, pDNA, and viruses.
- Steric exclusion chromatography. Recently, hydroxy monoliths have proven to be an excellent chromatographic support for this specific technique.