Cost Efficient Manufacturing of Purer AAV Gene Therapy Vectors
Speaker: Aleš Štrancar, Sartorius BIA Separations
Date & Time: Wednesday, December 13 | 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
Duration: 1 hour
The goal of AAV downstream process (DSP) is to achieve high recovery of >90% full AAV capsid. For the first column step, either affinity or cation exchange chromatography is used. For the polishing anion exchange, chromatography or ultracentrifuge is employed.
This webinar will compare the cation exchange and affinity column. Our presentation will also detail how the new CIMmultus HR (High Reproducibility) line columns, which include better resolution and narrower acceptance criteria, are used for the polishing step.
Key Learning Objectives:
- 10% improved process recovery using the strong cation exchange instead of affinity column
- Up to 2 fold shorter processing time using SO3 instead of affinity column
- Less damaged capsids using SO3 instead of affinity column
- >5times better resolution of the empty/full capsids by applying new methods with the QA anion exchange columns.
- The QA HR columns allow for batch-to-batch and scale-to-scale reproducibility within +/- 3%; about 10 better when compared with the traditional CIMmultus line
For more information about our new CIMmultus QA HR line, please check the following link.