CIMmultus™ stands for:
- Convective mass transfer, reduced backpressure, and minimal sample clogging
- Fast product isolation and concentration of diluted samples
- Efficient removal of high molecular mass impurities in polishing steps
CIMmultus™ IDA-1 mL is an improved monolithic column with 1.3 μm pore size and a column volume of 1 mL. It is packed into an innovative epoxy-based housing and is supplied ready to use. CIMmultus™ IDA-1 mL is intended for initial screening, method development, and lab scale purifications. IDA (iminodiacetic acid) is intended for immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography (IMAC). It represents a chelator, which forms a coordination complex in combination with metal ions (Cu2+, Zn2+, Ni2+, Co2+). The advantages of monolithic IMAC are:
- Histidine-tagged proteins are selectively retained by metal ions such as nickel and cobalt.
- Besides its use as affinity ligand for tagged proteins, monolithic IMAC is applicable for purification of recombinant antibodies.
In general, IMAC purification is your preferred technique when high yields of pure and active protein are required.