CIMmultus™ stands for:
- Convective mass transfer, reduced backpressure, and minimal sample clogging
- Fast product isolation and concentration of diluted samples
- Efficient removal of high molecular mass impurities in polishing steps
CIMmultus™ QA-1 mL is an improved monolithic column with 2 μm pore size and a column volume of 1 mL. It is packed into an innovative epoxy-based housing and is supplied ready to use. CIMmultus™ QA-1 mL is intended for initial screening, method development, and lab scale purifications. QA (quaternary amine) is a strong anion exchange group that selectively binds molecules with a predominant negative charge over a working pH range of 2-13. QA is a versatile chemistry and has proven to be excellent for:
- Capture, intermediate, or polishing steps of downstream processing.
- Purification and concentration of viruses, VLPs, and large proteins.
- Removal of endotoxins and DNA. Its high binding capacity for these molecules makes QA your tool of choice during the polishing step.
Due to the difference in chemistry of QA (strong anion exchanger) and DEAE (weak anion exchanger), selectivities for a certain molecule are different.